WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE A FUN & COMFORTABLE CHILDREN'S DENTAL EXPERIENCE
It’s more than just your child’s teeth that we consider when practising quality children’s dentistry. It is also the care of their face, jaw development, tongue position, tonsils and adenoids, as well as their airways and quality of sleep.
More than half of Australian children suffer from a sleeping disorder, and the effects can last a lifetime. Experts know that a lack of sleep leads to reduced IQ, developmental issues and can even stunt a child’s physical growth.
The brain needs oxygen, and poor airways can mean significant detrimental effects on learning as well as other health issues. Breathing and swallowing play a part in childhood tooth and jaw development, along with correct teeth and jaw position.
We focus on early prevention
Thumb sucking can be normal for infants, and most kids will stop by themselves. If this continues, it should be looked at, as it can be a sign of more complex problems, particularly relating to airway issues. Bite problems and crooked teeth may also become issues as a result of prolonged thumb sucking.
Our dental services for children and adults
As well as our dedicated dentists, we also have friendly dental hygienists who have specifically studied to perform the following dental care to both children and adults:
- Assist in the prevention and control of dental caries disease, which can cause decay and gum disease.
- Provide routine dental treatment for children including dental examinations, cleaning and polishing teeth, filling cavities, extracting deciduous (baby) teeth under local anaesthetic, taking X-rays of teeth and jaws and applying pit and fissure sealants, remove deposits and stains from teeth by scaling and root planning
- Educate, motivate and counsel children and adults on dental health, plaque control, oral hygiene and nutrition to maintain good oral health.
- Make impressions of patients’ mouths for the construction of study models and mouthguards.
- Select and use appropriate fluoride treatments and polish tooth restorations.
- Oral Myology and Myofunctional training
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (Medicare)
The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1,000 per child over a two calendar year period. The CDBS is means tested, which requires receipt of Family Tax Benefit Part A (FTB-A) or a relevant Australian Government payment. Eligibility will be determined each calendar year.
The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and will not be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
Not all services provided by us are fully rebated under this scheme, and some gap payment may be necessary for some services. Visit Link
ASK DR. BADERSKI
Why Choose Us?
- Caring family dentist for over 30 years
- Dedicated staff ready to provide high quality dental care Convenient hours
- We keep up to date with latest technology
- Wide range of treatment options